Facilities Security Officer (FSO)
The Facility Security Officer (FSO) is responsible implementing the industrial security program and ensuring company and government customer security requirements are met. As the Facility Security Officer (FSO), you will manage site security planning, compliance, and coordination in accordance with the US Government and corporate requirements. The successful candidate will interface with all levels of personnel and government management personnel to ensure contract security compliance with National Industrial Security Operating Manual (NISPOM), Contract Security Classification Specification (DD254) and Program Classification Guides. The FSO is also responsible to ensuring the company is following the new Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC).
In this position, you will be responsible for the daily administration and maintenance of the company’s security program, which is NISPOM-compliant, as well as implementing and maintaining security best practices across all US Federal Government projects – including those not requiring access to classified information.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written skills, especially in proofreading
- Strong leadership skills, ability to modulate work style and apply problem solving skills, and motivate staff
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to display confidence in handling phone calls
- Strong presentation skills; able to team with all levels of the organization and be the “face” of the company’s Security organization
- Ability to exercise judgment and understanding of how decisions impact overall organization and make decisions based on logic and common sense
- Ability to exercise judgment in managing confidential/sensitive information; trustworthy
- High level of self-motivation and initiative; high degree of follow through seeing tasks to completion with the ability to work effectively and adapt in an ever changing, challenging, and fast-paced environment
- Ability to anticipate alternate solutions and be prepared with contingency plans as needed in a calm and efficient manner
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy with willingness to consistently check and double-check all aspects of the security program with respect to US Government security guidance
- Service-oriented, flexible, positive team player
You will work with:
Business management and operations team members work to ensure that the company is running smoothly, efficiently, and productively.
- We offer competitive benefit plans for medical, dental and vision.
- Paid Vacation, Holiday and Sick Leave.
- Retirement Plan with Employer Contribution match.
- Educational Assistant Program.
- Supplemental Insurance.
- Short Term / Long Term Disability Insurance.
Maintain compliance with the company’s Department of Defense Security Control Agreement (SCA), and Defense Security Service (DSS) and NISPOM guidance Write/edit/maintain security plans and procedures Maintain awareness of changing industrial security regulations and how those changes impact site policies, personnel, or projects Conduct security self-inspections (at least annually), and apply risk mitigation methodologies Provide quarterly security updates to company leadership Prepare required security materials for annual DSS facility reviews and inspections
Process new employee security clearances and periodic re-investigations
Track security clearance investigations and perform administrative support functions, including: Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS) The Intelligence Community Security Clearance Repository (Scattered Castles) Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing (e-QIP)
Provide security training for site personnel – including both cleared and non-cleared individuals, including, but not limited to: Initial security indoctrinations Pre/post foreign travel briefings Annual refresher briefings Debriefings for outgoing employees
Process visit requests both for cleared visits and all visits between company employees and CONUS/OCONUS travel locations
Maintain required online security databases
Manage employee and visitor access control systems
Support customer assessments and engage customers’ security officers to ensure compliance with all project requirements
Maintain a DSS-compliant Insider Threat Program as the Insider Threat Program Senior Official (ITPSO)
Build and manage relationships with security points of contact at all US Federal Government clients Implement and maintain security best practices for all US Federal Government projects, including (but not limited to): Data security Device handling Routine communications/newsletters
Provide crisis management support for specific security breaches / events (e.g., stolen laptop, Insider Threat)
US citizen with an active security clearance at TS or above
5-10 years’ experience as an FSO, Contractor Program Security Officer (CPSO) , or Contract Special Security Officer (CSSO) supporting DoD or Intelligence Community
Industrial Security Professional (ISP) Certification (preferred) or CDSE FSO Program Management Certification (for Possessing or Non-Possessing Facilities)
Familiar with Government Contracting requirements as it relates to security
Strong knowledge of JPAS, e-QIP, Scattered Castles, and forms SF86, DD 254, DD 441, and SF 328 In-depth knowledge of NISPOM requirements
ContactsEmail: [email protected] Phone: +1-713-489-7277
The largest community on the web to find and list jobs that aren't restricted by commutes or a specific location.
Information Assurance Program Analyst
- Cinco International Group
Perform Cybersecurity support services to assist AF Cybersecurity Program Managers and Information System Security Officers/Managers at Davis-Monthan AFB AZ. Assist in maintaining effective programs that support missions and protects the confidentiality, integrity and availability of AF information resources.
Perform Cybersecurity support services to assist AF Cybersecurity Program Managers and Information System Security Officers/Managers at Davis-Monthan AFB AZ.